North Pleasants Apostolic Tabernacle has been in existence since the mid 1930’s. Our assembly had it’s beginnings with a rented building on Creel street, led by the founder Chester S. Dayhoff. In 1938, a piece of property was donated for a church building on 712 6th Street which became known as the Apostolic Faith Church. C.S. Dayhoff served as Pastor until his passing in 1960. At that time Robert Lough became the second pastor, overseeing the building of a new structure in 1964 and expanding it twice by 2002.
In 1982 a Christian school was opened with Pastor Robert Lough’s son, Terry Lough serving as the school’s principal. He served as principal from 1982-1992 and was succeeded by his son, Terry Lough II, who is still currently serving in this capacity. In 1991, Pastor Robert Lough stepped down as Pastor turning over the pastorialship to Terry Lough, becoming the church’s third pastor.
Furthering the Vision
WHERE WE ARE NOW
Our church continued to grow and a need for expansion was great. Thanks to a giving church and the bountiful blessings of God, in 2004, we were able to purchase a piece of property and build a new facility at our current location at 87 Iron Horse Drive on the north end of St. Marys. At that time, the church’s name was changed to North Pleasants Apostolic Tabernacle and the school’s name was changed to North Pleasants Christian School. We look forward to future expansion as the Lord continues to bless.